Thursday, April 20, 2006

i survived!!

i survived this week so far!!! yay!!!

today was the last of the presentations and my other group project is due tomorrow. i totally winged the presentation because i'm not completely finished with my research for the paper i'm to write for thursday. i just found a couple pictures and grabbed a couple notecards and winged the whole thing. hopefully it went well. as for the other group project, since i haven't heard from any of the three boys that i'm working with i'm assuming the draft i sent them was acceptable and i just have to print them off tomorrow.

all i have left to do for next week is write the paper mentioned above and fix all the corrections my prof gave me on my rough draft for my senior seminar class. i'm really happy about that paper. i got a 3.5 on the rough draft, one of the two in the class. my professor also mentioned in her comments that i should submit it to a particular academic journal and that even though i said i wasn't sure about grad school that i should definitely go soon. she also said i should use that paper as a writing example for said application.

gesh.. just when i thought i'm not doing grad school here's a prof saying go go, i'll help you with your application.. talk about conflicting emotions. it is nice though to have your abilities appreciated and recognized. it has definitely made me feel better about myself. especially after how unsuccessful my job search has seemed to be. i always joked about joining the military after college if i couldn't find a job. unfortunately due to a number of factors that isn't an option. maybe i'll just go back to working something like my summer jobs until i can build up enough funds to attempt to get into grad school. heck if i wait long enough, i might even get to come back here and do my grad work instead of going elsewhere.

anyway, i've got more homework to finish and some shoe packing before my mom stopped by this evening. packing the shoes alone might take some serious time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home