Thursday, May 04, 2006

only one more final

only one more final to go. it's actually kind of sad to think about. I only have one more final of my undergraduate career, one more night in the dorms, last move out. i've loved every minute i've been here and it seems so sad that i have to leave it.

tonight was my department's honors reception. it wasn't as much fun as last year mostly because not as many faulty showed up and it wasn't held in our building. last year it was held in our tiny conference room then we had the reception in the hallways. it was really neat because a lot of faculty showed up because we were all being loud outside their offices and everyone was talking together. admittedly the bar hidden in the library probably helped to relax everyone.

however, it was still need. i got to see our club advisor who has been sick for the last year. it was great to see her healthy and happy again. she even volunteered to write me a recommendation letter should i need one, and that she would be more than happy to help me with finding a grad school should i chose that path. my cool prof was there and she also said she'd write me a recommendation letter and that i should send my paper on to an academic journal and try and get published. that was really neat to hear, it definitely made all the work worth it.

now i'm off to study for my last final ever and to finish packing up my room. i'm hoping ot be all ready to load everything into my mom's van and hopefully take the carpet up with my brother so we can move my sister out relatively early. then it's off to the hotel and dinner with my grandparents. yikes i've got a busy day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home